1. Guarantee Waiver. All property is offered for sale "as-is, where-is." Virginia Beach City Public Schools makes no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind, expressed or implied, as to the merchantability or fitness for any purpose of the property offered for sale. The Buyer is not entitled to any payment for loss of profit or any other money damages - special, direct, indirect, or consequential.
Description Warranty. Virginia Beach City Public Schools warrants to the Buyer that the property offered for sale will conform to its description. Any claim for misdescription must be made prior to removal of the property. If Virginia Beach City Public Schools confirms that the property does not conform to the description, Virginia City Beach Public Schools will keep the property and refund any money paid. The liability of Virginia Beach City Public Schools shall not exceed the actual purchase price of the property. Please note that upon removal of the property, all sales are final.
2. �Most items offered for sale are used and may contain defects not immediately detectable. Bidders may inspect the property prior to bidding. Bidders must adhere to the inspection dates and times indicated in the item description or contact the person listed to schedule an inspection.
Consideration of Bid. Virginia Beach Public Schools reserves the right to reject any and all bids and to withdraw from sale any of the items listed.
3. Payment. Public Processing, LLC. a third-party payment processing company, receives all payments for VIRGINIA BEACH CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Payment for an awarded item must be received within five (5) business days after the Notice of Award of the successful bid.
Payment may only be made online by credit card, or by wire transfer. NO CASH, CHECKS, OR MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. If you choose to pay with a credit card, please follow the instructions below. The credit card limit per transaction is $4,000.00. For payments larger than this amount, follow the instructions listed under Wire Transfers.
Payment by Credit Card
Login to the Public Surplus site. Click on the My Stuff link and then click on the Past Bids link. Click on the description of the auction and then click on the Pay Online link located on the right hand side of the screen. Follow the steps to complete the transaction. A receipt will be emailed to you once the payment has cleared.
There will be NO partial payments allowed for an auction. All auctions must be paid in full according to the specified payment process. For example, you WILL NOT be able to pay partially for an auction by Credit Card and pay the remainder by another payment method, such as a wire transfer.
For payments over $4,000.00, a Wire Transfer is required. If you need to do a wire transfer, please email support at email@example.com asking for wire instructions or request the instructions via live chat. These instructions will be emailed to you. Please follow them exactly to allow for prompt payment.
3.� Public Surplus will notify you upon receipt of payment.� You may then contact the responsible party listed for that item and arrange for a mutually convenient pick up time. You will need to bring the payment receipt or the auction item(s) will not be released to you.
4. Bid Deposits. Virginia Beach City Public Schools may require bid deposits in order to ensure fairness and equity to all buyers as a way to decrease default bidding. The deposit will be reversed if no default occurs or the bidder does not win the auction. Public Surplus will collect and retain the deposit if there is a default by the winning bidder.
5. Buyers Premium: A 10% Buyer Premium shall be added to the final sale price with a $1 minimum charge per auction to collect payment.
6. Removal. All items must be removed within 5 working days from the time and date of receipt of payment notification. Purchases will be released only upon receipt of payment as specified. If the merchandise is not removed within specified time VBCPS will refuse any refund of any payments made toward merchandise. In addition VBCPS will retain any merchandise not removed within 5 days of notification of payment. Successful bidders are responsible for loading and removal of any and all property awarded to them from the place where the property is located as indicated on the website and in the Notice of Award. The Buyer will make all arrangements and perform all work necessary, including packing, loading and transportation of the property. Under no circumstances will Virginia Beach City Public Schools assume responsibility for packing, loading or shipping. No merchandise will be released to a Carrier unless and until VBCPS executes Section 7 of the bill of lading. Property may be removed between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday, excluding legal holidays.
7.� Default.� Failure of successful bidder to pick up and pay for items within specified time limits of 5 business days of receipt of payment and 5 business days after receipt of payment for removal of all merchandises will result in default. The default shall constitute suspension of bidding privileges as well as loosing merchandise and any payments received during the above time limits. Default shall include (1) failure to observe these terms and conditions; (2) failure to make good and timely payment; or (3) failure to remove all items within the specified time. Default may result in termination of the contract and suspension from participation in all future sales. If the Buyer fails in the performance of their obligations, Virginia Beach City Public Schools may exercise such rights and may pursue such remedies as are provided by law.
8. Vehicle Titles. Virginia Beach City Public Schools will issue a title or certificate upon receipt of payment. Titles may be subject to any restrictions as indicated in the item description on the website. Open titles cannot be issued. Virginia Beach City Public Schools will not issue replacement titles.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions. By submitting a bid, the bidder agrees that they have read, fully understand and accept these Terms and Conditions of Online Sales, and agree to pay for and remove the property, if the bid is accepted, by the dates and times specified.
State/Local Sales and/or Use Tax. Virginia Beach City Public Schools will collect sales tax on non-vehicles if applicable.
**Please note School Board of the City of Virginia Beach Policy 3-23**
Sale/Exchange/Lease/Disposal of Property
No (Virginia Beach) School Board member, employee, or any spouse or relative residing in the same household as any School Board member or employee may accept, bid or benefit from the disposal of any surplus property.
All vehicle auctions please contact Richard Jerome for inspections, and/or questions at 757-263-2874. Buses can be viewed at the Glenwood Bus Garage, 2201 Round Hill Drive, Va. Beach, VA� 23464. Cars & trucks can be viewed at the Harpers Road Bus Garage, 1677 Harpers Rd, Virginia Beach, VA 23454.